Wednesday, 3 April 2013

Cherish #2

Same Paper, Die and Sentiment...
...But a totally different card! 

Whilst I was making yesterdays card I had some of the paper left over I thought it would be interesting to see how different I could make this look with the same items but with a different accent.  The Bird Song paper (First Edition) looked great on white however when I matted it on shocking pink it seemed to pull out the pink on the flower making the different look I wanted. 

This card was cut with the largest of Spellbinders Labels 4 dies this was turned vertical and backed with the pink, whilst the cut shape was matted with the same colour and fussy cut I used the 2nd smallest die to make an aperture in this and the pink layer underneath (hope you're following this!)  The sentiment was stamped on the cut out then die cut with the smallest die, matted the same way and adhered onto a matching colour organza ribbon.  the frame was foam mounted the sentiment placed in the middle. with a simple knot in the ribbon tied around the frame.

I finished the card off with  2 strips of the Spellbinders antique frames and accents border die to highlight the pink cut in Core'dinations and sanded.  Finally a little Distress Ink to further bring out the pink.

I hope you agree that this looks very different from yesterdays card even with them side by side on my desk It doesn't look like the same paper!  Enjoy...

5 comments:

  1. Wow , It certainly does look different John , i like the idea of the pink layer underneath the aperture .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful but simple. A great idea John. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, they do look very different, but both lovely, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. Todays card looks very different from yesterdays card but i love it just as much.

    Val in Spain x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think if we can use these designs in satin ribbon then it is surely going to boost the business. Isn't it?

    ReplyDelete